Why you should DROP Value Village and Poshmark like a bad habit!

I was recently searching for plus size swimwear and decided that I would go and checkout my old favourite place, Value Village or as my mom and I like to call it, VV.

First, I decided to look locally on my small town Facebook buy and sell which was pretty unsuccessful.  You see finding plus size clothing that's stylish and in great condition isn't that easy to come by.  So, off I went to VV all hopeful that I would find what I was looking for 😊

I have been a long time supporter of Value Village for well over 30 years now and I can even recall a time when I used to yell at my mom for telling people we shopped secondhand. The stigma was "real" back then and I felt like my friends would think I was poor if they found out my mom made us shop there.  I suppose it was a bit of both really, my parents were frugal and also financially tight caring for 3 kids on 1 income.

Anyhow, back to my recent experience at Value Village...to say I was sticker shocked is putting it mildly!  The quality was absolutely terrible and way overpriced!!!  They do not diligently search for stains or damage and instead slapped big prices on anything that had a name brand.  Everything I looked at had signs of wear, or was really damaged.  This experience really made me feel upset!  Not just because I am a reseller myself, it was because I wasted over 2 hours of my time sifting through dirty clothes all to come up with only a few overpriced items.  Value Village gets there inventory given to them for free and yet has deemed it necessary to charge Boutique prices!  I myself wash everything, remove all hair, check for any stains, defects or damage of any kind.  My approach with Faith and Love Thrift has always been based on putting the customers needs before mine.  This frame of mind started right at the very beginning of my website development.  Thinking how can I make sure the customer can find exactly what they are looking for without having to waste their time searching though thousands of items they don't need.  The next part was to find and source top quality clothing we planned to sell.  We didn't want to sell anything that doesn't make the customer feel exceptionally happy.  The last part of our development was how can we give back to the charities that helped us care for our family when we were in great need of assistance after our second child was born with two rare and critical conditions that left our family in crisis mode. 

I have even shopped on poshmark several times now and experienced sellers who ship me clothing that's unwashed, or covered in pet hair.  The icky feeling I felt was just awful and left me more confident than ever that my online Pre-loved Clothing store is actually providing a service.  A full service experience that will leave you feeling wowed... We never want anyone left feeling icky while shopping with us.

 Author,

Dawn Matieschyn

Faith and Love Thrift

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to purchase Women’s pre-loved pants?

Selecting The Right Shoes For Your Baby

New parents? This Will Surely Be The Best Experience For You